Thursday, July 25, 2013

Making the Most of Summer!

We have been making the most of our summer holidays and are thoroughly not having to scoot out of the house to work and daycare in the mornings! We've had play dates and swimming lessons, seen the Changing of the Guard downtown, dropped in on Oma and Opa, gone exploring with friends, been to see Totem put on by the Cirque du Soleil, celebrated family birthdays and friend's birthdays, gone to the Ice-cream Festival, and spent a ton of time playing outside! We are loving it! I can't believe we're already approaching the end of July....ugh!

My baby is very quickly being replaced by a little girl! On the 18th of this month she turned two and a half! She is very much at the "myself", "I too", "I do it" stage. She is a master mimicker and wants to help with absolutely everything. If she doesn't want to do something...well, that's a different story! I get what I call the flopped fish as she sprawls on the floor and pretends to be asleep. Yup, that's my girl! Often pushing the limits, she is full of spunk and energy and is quite the character! She is bright and has a good sense of humour. The words are coming faster than I can keep up. The books we're reading are getting longer and more detailed. Her little mind is ALWAYS going. She's very much in tune with what's going on around her. Her little knees and legs constantly have scrapes and bruises because she's go, go, go. She's rough and tumble on one hand, yet loving and full of hugs on the other. She certainly keeps me on my toes and I wouldn't have it any other way. She is my little love.

Yes, she is fully clothed!
Lounging while out shopping
Helping Oma pull the cart at the nursery
How does this fountain work?
Happy Canada Day!
My little adventurer! She constantly has bruised knees...wonder why!
Rainy day fun

Changing of the Guard...tried uploading a video. Couldn't get it to work tonight!
On the look-out for ducks!


Joy!

Like my new house?
Sweet tooth extraordinaire!
A quiet moment at a friend's birthday BBQ
My silly girl!



No comments: